Video conferencing has never been as important as it has in recent times. Due to the restriction imposed by the government to curb the spread of COVID. Many organizations now settle for video conferencing software to run webinars and virtual meeting as a means of keeping communication active among employees working remotely and also keep business operational. Family and friends that may have been separated due to the pandemic can find solace in the fact that they can keep in touch despite the geographical distance.
In addition, many organizations claimed that they were able to save cost and collaborate better using a video conferencing tool. Likewise, remote workers say they are better integrated into the company workflow when they held video meetings via video conferencing platforms.
I will be sharing with you best video conferencing software that is available in the market for 2021
BlueJeans offers a wide range of video conferencing tools. Bringing together features like screen sharing, polling Q&A, recording, and text chat. If you have ever joined a meeting where the audio is very bad, and it is difficult to communicate among meeting participants. Then you will appreciate the BlueJeans Dolby voice audio feature. Also, BlueJeans Dolby voice provides quality audio for video calls across different devices. As a result, allowing meeting participants can enjoy a clearer and more natural-sounding conversation.
Enterprise: Request a quote.
- An easy to use interface
- it has a 7 days free trials without the need for a credit card
- User can see real-time analytics across different meetings, event, and rooms
- I have a superior Dolby sound compared to other product in the same industry
- More latency than many competitors
GoToMeeting was designed and marketed by LogMeIn as online marketing, desktop sharing, and video conferencing platform that allows you to broadcast the host computer desktop view. As well as record and save meetings for later review. Also, meetings can be accessed on a web browser – that eliminates the need of downloading any software and can be accessed on desktop or mobile devices. Additionally, GoToMeeting offers real-time transcription. Meeting participants don’t need to bother with writing notes. Transcripts are ready minutes after the meeting ends.
Professional: $10.20/organizer/month (150 participants)
Business: $13.60/organizer/month (250 participants)
Enterprise: Request a quote (up to 3000 participants)
- It offers a 14 days free trial that does not renew automatically.
- You can easily customize the registration and landing page with your company brand
- Integrates fine with email and CRM platforms seamlessly
- The software works perfectly across different type of devices
- Meeting recording saved in the cloud is automatically deleted after a year. This might be too short for an organization that wants to archive recording for a longer period
Zoom offers easy-to-use arrays of video conferencing tools. Where you can hold one-on-one meetings, host webinars, join group calls. It integrates all these into one collaborative solution. The host only needs to download the app once and set up the meeting. Participants then can join the meeting anywhere via a web browser if they don’t have the app on their device. Additionally, to help improve workflow and schedule meetings, Zoom integrates well with third-party apps like Slack, Gmail, Zapier, and more. One of the main selling points of Zoom is the ability of the host to create different breakout rooms in a meeting foster group discussion and roam between rooms.
Basic: Free (It can host 100 participants for group meeting up to 40 minutes)
Pro: $149.90/year/license (it can host 100 participants for group meeting up to 30 hours)
Business: $199.90/year/license (Host up to 300 participants and many more advanced features)
Zoom United Business: $350/year/license (Includes phone features and other advance features)
- It has a free plan
- Avery friendly user interface
- It supports a large audience
- You can also stream meetings on your social media handle
- Loose control on chat features
- HD video quality can still be improved
RingCentral is a business communication platform that offers a high-quality video conferencing software. It allows you to connect with team members live in HD video across different devices. As well as allow hosts can create up to 50 breakout sessions for a meeting. Thereby split participants into smaller groups for focused training and brainstorming. Also, breakout participants can share screens, video, audios, whiteboards, and chat in their session and return to the main session anytime. Likewise it offers real-time analytics for your meeting. Enabling IT administrators, the ability to maintain a consistently excellent approach.
Glip pro: free/user/month (host up to 100 participants)
Glip Pro plus: $11.99/user/month (host up to 200 participants)
- Simple and easy to use interface
- It also has a free plan where you can test things out
- The live reporting feature makes it easy to monitor operations in real-time
- It has a robust documentation
- It is browser-based, so you don’t need to download any additional software
- It can be difficult to start a call as the host if you are not on a computer
- It requires a certain learning curve to get started
ClickMeeting is a video conferencing platform with key features like screen sharing, private chat, chat-to-text translations, real-time statistics, and more. You can easily customize your webinar page, allowing you to showcase your brand. Also, ClickMeeting integrates with analytics and CRM tools. For example, you can embed Facebook pixel in your webinar landing page or connect the page to google analytics to get traffic data. Additionally, you can save webinar recording in the cloud by linking with your Dropbox account or use Zapier to integrate with an email marketing software.
Free trial: A 30-day free trial is available to host meetings of up to 25 attendees
Live: $25/month billed annually
Automated: $40/month billed annually
Enterprise: Request a quote
- It offers a free trial for the user to test things out
- The presentation ability is great.
- It has a lot of flexible packages
- Branding is very easy, you can easily brand landing pages and webinar room for a consistent feeling
- Room layout takes some getting used to. Not the easiest
- You are unable to control the audio of guest during meetings
6. Microsoft Teams
The Microsoft Team is best suited for companies with employees already suing office 365. Microsoft team provides an abundance of collaborating features that help streamline office workflow. Since the software works seamlessly with other Microsoft programs like SharePoint and Outlook. User can therefore, jump from messaging, sharing documents, and video conferencing among team members without any hassle. As a result, user don’t need to worry about downloading any external software to facilitates any video conferencing meetings.
Microsoft Team Free: It is available for free
Office 365 Business Basic: $5/user/month, billed annually (for up to 300 participants, max meeting duration of 24 hours)
Microsoft Office 365 Business Standard: $12/user/month, billed annually (for up to 300 participants, max meeting duration of 24 hours)
Office E3: $20/user/month, billed annually (for up to 10000 participants, max meeting duration of 24 hours)
- Simple and easy to use interface
- It has a free plan that allows you to test things out
- Easily integration with other Microsoft apps – it integrates with SharePoint and Outlook easily for file sharing and meeting schedules
- Allow filesharing and storage within the platform
- Teams can make collaboration easy and thereby improve productivity
- The file structure can be confusing for some users
- Adding member from outside your organization can be a bit of a challenge
7. Google Meet
Google Meet formally known as Google Hangout, is a part of Google Workspace productivity application that aim to provide top-notch conferencing software. Other Google Workspace applications like Google slides, Google Sheet, Gmail are built directly into it. As a result, idea sharing is seamless among team members. Also, the host can invite participants from their Google calendar and other Google apps on the Google Workspace. Therefore, eliminating the need to download any external software to facilitate your video conferencing meetings.
Free: Available for free (It can host 100 participants for group meeting up to 1 hour)
Google Workspace Essential: $8 /user/month (It can host 300 participants for up to 300 hours)
Google Workspace Enterprise: Contact sales from pricing
- Simple to use interface
- Has a free plan where you can try things out before picking a subscription plan
- It integrates seamlessly with other Google Workspace products
- It is easy to use and to send invites
- Good speech-to-text features
- Additional cost for the record feature
- You need a Gmail account to be able to start a meeting
8. Cisco Webex
Webex is owned by Cisco Systems. It allows you to host an online meeting with HD video, audio, and screen sharing. As well as keep the team connected through messaging, file sharing, whiteboarding, and calling. By default, Webex saved your meeting recording to the cloud. Therefore, you don’t need third-party software to save your recording.
Contact Webex to get a quote
- It provides additional features such as lobby and meeting lock
- WebEx end-to-end encryption ensures your meetings are safe
- Users can create a web document using the main WebEx meeting site
- You can request control on a participant’s screen
- It integrates well with other vendor products
- The recorded meeting takes long before it is made available
- It consumes a lot of bandwidth even when few participants are in the meeting
The Lifesize video conferencing software is built mainly for modern business. The platform support 4k video resolution which separates it from its competitors who are yet to support this feature. Also, for better productivity, it can be integrated easily with third-party apps like Microsoft Teams and Slack.
Free: Available for free 1host/month
Standard: $12.50/host/month (for small teams, starting at 1 host)
Plus: $14.95/month (for small and medium-sized companies, starting at 10 hosts)
Enterprise: Request a quote (suitable for large organizations)
- Easy to use interface
- High-quality 4k video
- East integration with third-party plugins
- Easy connectivity, you don’t need to download any extra software to be part of a meeting
- Initial setup can be a little bit complicated